After Google coming to Social Networking with its Google+ service, you must have noticed Facebook frequently making changes to its features and layouts. But you must be surprised to see dramatic changes Facebook took to user profiles, i.e Timeline.
According to Facebook,
Tell your life story with a new kind of profile
Here is a screenshot of new profile:
Well, I am not going deep about what changes does this timeline takes, but how to enable it. You can read more about this timeline at http://www.facebook.com/about/timeline
This timeline is currently available to developers only and for everyone it will be available soon. So those who can’t wait should follow simple step explained below. But for this you must have a verified account, i.e. verified phone number or credit card.
This is for developers only and I do not recommend using it unless you are a developer.
Follow steps below to get it:
- You need to login first.
- Enable Developer mode by going to https://developers.facebook.com/apps and allow permissions.
- Now what you need to do is to create an app. Fill all necessary details. (Don’t worry, you dont need to publish it)
- Go to main setting screen of your app and under Open Graph header, you will find Get Started link. Click it
- You are asked to add an action and an object ( on which that action is being performed). Add any verb and subject there.
- Keep saving and going next, putting all things to default values.
- Once finished saving setting on all three pages, go back to Facebook’s Home page.
- You will get an invitation to try new Timeline feature. Accept it.
- You are done!
This new profile is nice. I like it. I can see some new things coming to Facebook after this. Lets see what comes.
Just say what do you feel about this new timeline profile? And you can ask me if you are having any trouble using it.
PS: Don’t mind my writing, I am quite sleepy.